FAQ on joining the CTIRCRPG
So, you wanna join the CTIRCRPG huh? Well fortunately, it's not all THAT hard to join. Perhaps the hardest part is to come up with the character you want. Hopefully, with this little FAQ I whipped up, it'll answer all the questions you have about the CTIRCRPG.
NOTE: The CTRPG is now closed to new members. This FAQ is up here only for reference.
When and where does the CTIRCRPG Meet?
The group meets on IRC on the esper net sever in the room #ctrpg. The time is usually every other saturday (bi-weekly) at 1 PDT That would be 3 mountain, 4 central, and 5 eastern. Also, if you cannot make a session, you must tell me at least 2 days in advance. Simple.
OK, enough babbling about times! I wanna make my character!
Ok, here's how to do it. It's gonna take a bit of thought! Think you can handle it? :D
First, pick a sex
Next, pick a race, there are 5.
- Human You should BE this race, I hope...^_^
- Mystic This includes Gargoyles, Mud Imps, Faeries, Dragons Nagaettes, and even Moogles! Had to have Moogles in this :)
Ok, next is probably the though part, an Occupation/Class. Now, here are SOME of the Occupations/Classes you can be, not all. If you come up with a class that works, then tell me about it...
Unfortunately, that's all I can think of at this time..
- Fighter/Knight (People like Frog/Ayla)
- Caller I know it's from FF2, but I LOVE CALLERS! So sue me...
- Royalty Although you'll have to pick an extra Occupation with this one
Next, tell me about THEM! What is their appearance? What is there personality like? What is their history? What motivates them? Where are they from? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHAT TIME PERIOD!
Next, you'll have to decide on strengths and weaknesses. Now, your character is NOT invincible! He/she will have something that limits them. For example, Mariah (My character) has strong magic and magic defense, average agility, but weak physical defense and attack power (But it is strengthed by guns).Basically, you're average magician Also, if you are A fighter, you may have great strength and defense, but crappy magic. Just use common sense. I don't need numbers. Just tell me if your character is Strong, Average, or weak in these fields, this helps me with battles, since Gato (Our bot) was scraped ~_~
Next up, weapons. This isn't all that hard. I'll take about anything. Whips, guns, bare hands, just don't say "Nuclear bombs" =D
- Strength: How strong is your character attacks with weapons?
- Physical Defense: How well can your character stand up against blows?
- Magical Defense: How well can your character stand up against magical attacks?
- Magical Power: How strong is your magic?
- Agility: How fast are you in attacks. Helps decide who will be first in battle!
- Evade: How well can you dodge attacks (kind of part of agility)
- Intelligence: Are you smart, or a dimwit?
- Stamina: Your characters Heath, endurance, etc.
Next, Magic, now, I will only accept a character to have two magic types. For example, Mariah has Fire and Wind magics. You can just have one type if you wish. Here are the spell types. They're a lot more types than in CT. Mostly for variety....
- White Healing magics, priests should have this as their magics
- Moon Powers based off the moon Think Secret of Mana....
- Plasma A magic that is part darkness, part light, and part something else (Antipode might be considered a plasma spell)
Work Like spells, but are not elemental based. Most characters WILL have skill attacks! Here are some examples
- Sword Techs/brute attacks
- Dances: Dance your foes to death!
- Songs: Sing your foes to death!
- Karate: HIIIYA!!
- Archery: Archery Skill
- Throwing Weapons: Throwing stars,etc
Rare and Exotic Magics.
These types of magic are exotic and rare to the people of CT. One condition to these types of Magic is that you can have only the magic you pick here. You can't have two, like you can have in the elemental magics, nor can you have one rare magic or one elemental magic...
Of course, these are JUST suggestions! If you have another idea for occupations, spell types, ETC, please tell me...
- Chronos Magic: Magic that let's you control time and space.
- Controlling Magic: Hypnotize a foe, or bend them to your will!
- Chaos Magic: Non Elemental Magics, uncontolled and deadly!
- Mind Magic: Different than hypnotism, you can manipulate people's thoughts and emotions.
Finally, find a pic of what you want your character to look like. I don't absolutely require you to have one, but I'd like you to. The best thing to do is look under a web searcher with the word "anime"! Ultra helpful!
Oh yeah, no one can be Chrono, Marle, etc. As main characters, they will make cameos though..=)
NOTE: If you wanna be an NPC (A character who is sorta a side character, like Schala) You still need to follow this format!
Well, that's that! once you have ALL of this info, e-mail me with it and I will let you know if you made the cut...:)
Back to main page